RPAS Advanced Pilot Certification Edmonton
RPAS Advanced Pilot Pilot Exam and Ground School Certification Course. We will cover 20 hours of training required by Transport Canada in the successful completion of the Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems. (TP15263). Note that the terms UAV and Drone have the same meaning as RPAS Canada.
To register use link at bottom of this page
Upon competition of the Exam we will conduct flight training and Flight Reviews for all participants leading to full Advanced Pilot RPAS Certification.
To learn more about the full course outline click on the link above. The topics are listed with additional details under each section of the syllabus. It is a very comprehensive course with lots of practice material to help successfully complete the online exam.
- Knowledge Areas
- Section 1: air law, air traffic rules and procedures
- Section 2: RPAS airframes, power plants, propulsion and systems
- Section 3: Human factors
- Section 4: Meteorology
- Section 5: Navigation
- Section 6: Flight operations
- Section 7: Theory of flight
- Section 8: Radiotelephony
- Friday 19:00/7pm to 21:00/9pm, Saturday and Sunday 08:30 to 16:30
- Some pre-class material will be reviewed by students prior to the ground school.
- Please note classes may conclude earlier on Thru or Friday depending on class progress.
Note: Students must complete the Transport Canada Advanced RPAS Exam. The fee is not included in the course and must be paid by the student directly to Transport Canada.
Students do not require a drone but are encouraged to bring one if they have their own aircraft. Various Drones will be available for student use.
RPAS Advanced Pilot Certification Edmonton September 8 – 12, 2023. Don’t miss this date!
We structure our course so that you can follow highly technical content and terms that are used are explained. As your embarking on a new path and industry you will be expected to understand the terms used and the aviation industry. The safety of your RPAS aircraft and other aircraft is paramount and by the time the course is completed you will understand your role in this new industry.
Learn more about our programs!